Inside: Discover 5 different ways your favorite backyard bird photos can be turned into unique wall art such as canvas art, gallery wall, framed print, and two surprise methods!
Backyard birding brings nature up close. When you go inside, some of the magic disappears. Wouldn’t it be great to harness the beauty and awe of the wild birds that visit your yard without going outside? Good news – you can! Bring the beauty of wild birds into your home and enjoy it every day by creating wall art from your favorite backyard bird photos.
This article illustrates five different methods for converting your prized backyard bird photo into stunning personalized décor for your home. They include:
- Create a Gallery Wall
- Make a Canvas Print
- Create Wall Art
- Paint a Mural
- Use Fabric
Depending on your décor and the room you’d like to display it in, there’s a solution for everyone.
5 Ways to Convert Your Bird Photo into Wall Art Décor
1. Create A Gallery Wall
When it comes to decking out the walls in your home with photos, gallery walls are on the top list. You can utilize the function and embellishing ability of gallery walls to give your home a modern vibe. Gallery walls can create a focal point for the room and when it highlights your own bird photo – serve as a source of wild beauty.
Gallery walls are essentially multiple pieces of art.
2. Make Custom Canvas Wall Art
Another amazing way to decorate your home walls with backyard bird photos is by using canvas prints. Canvas is a popular form of home decor and converting your backyard bird photo to canvas enables you to bring the beauty of your backyard into your home. Imagine your guests exclaiming “That painted bunting and cardinal are amazing!” to which you can reply, “Thank you. I took that photo last year. It’s one of my favorites!”.
The formats you can choose to convert your prized photo or photos are vast. You can decide to go for a single large canvas to give your home a bold view of nature. Or, you can opt for a small canvas – in this case, multiple small canvases are better as they deliver more impact. You can go square, rectangle, horizontal, vertical, or even hexagon!
Consider framing the canvas for a more traditional look. Or, omit the frame and enjoy a more modern vibe.
3. Make Custom Print Wall Art
When you have a blank wall to decorate, the obvious choice is wall art. We already touched on converting your backyard bird photo to canvas art but there is another option – print art. Print art provides a more traditional feel.
You don’t have to worry about finding the perfect size for that wall either. When you convert your photo to print wall art, a wide selection of shapes and sizes await you. You can opt for a small bird made into large bird wall art, a large bird made into small art, or vice versa. It’s up to you and your taste and design preference. Add a frame for even more interest.
4. Paint a Mural
Painting is a truly unique way to bring nature inside your home. Consider hiring a professional muralist to paint your favorite backyard bird photo on your wall. Once complete you’re sure to have a one-of-a-kind work of art. Better yet – it’s based on your photo!
5. Use Fabrics
Fabrics are a unique way to add style to your home. Fabrics come in various patterns and usually have different images on them. These patterns and images create an excellent design for your home décor. Instead of these patterns, you can have your backyard bird photos on the fabrics.
Having your fabrics display your backyard bird photos is a unique and excellent approach to beautifying your walls. You can have several photos of birds on your fabrics and give your home décor a touch of excellence. When choosing the fabric to use, you have to consider factors like color, theme, size, etc., for you to create an excellent combo of your photo and fabric.
Bird Species You Can Select for Your Wall Décor
When creating wall décor from your favorite photo, consider the bird species, colors, and what these birds represent. This will help you create a defined and purposeful experience for you, your family, and your guests rather than just slapping random bird photos on the wall.
There are about 10,000 different species of birds throughout the world. Any one of those species would make amazing wall art. Here are some ideas of popular species and the meaning behind them to spark your imagination.
- Cardinals: The cardinal is a songbird with colorful features. They come in bright red colors with black faces. They also have orange bills that create a perfect balance of beauty. Cardinals symbolize comfort to those who have lost a loved one and brings strength to persevere from beyond the grave or a symbol of one’s faith.
- Bluebird: The bluebird is perhaps the most beloved of all blue colored birds sporting royal blue body and wings along with rust underparts. crane is an elegant, graceful, and beautiful bird that comes in white and black colors. Bluebirds symbolize good luck, a promise of new beginnings, and happiness to come. You should have them on your home walls.
- Sparrow: The sparrow is one of the most common birds in the world. They come in a calm green color that compliments the greenery of their environments. They are small-sized and energetic birds that make them a perfect choice for your home décor. They symbolize creativity, diligence, productivity, and love.
- Hummingbirds: Hummingbirds are unique birds that have wooed bird watchers for centuries. With their jewel-colored feathers, acrobatic flying style, and signature hum, they are beautiful, brave little birds that inspire awe and devotion. Hummingbirds are symbols of lightness and joy. I don’t know about you – but I want some of these birds on my wall!
You can have photo art of these birds on your wall and many, more to bring nature inside your home.
Create your own unique, custom home wall décor from your backyard bird photos and make your walls a source of unending beauty. You only need to choose the perfect photo and type of art to convert it to.
ElephantStock provides the ability to convert your prized bird photo into canvas or print art. Framed or unframed. Large or small. Single or multi-paneled. Get started by exploring a variety of wall art options available – visit the Elephant Stock now!